Are you looking for the perfect way to spend time with your significant other this summer? The sun is out, the days are long, and it is time to change those date night/day routines. Whether you are in a serious relationship, married, or just starting something new, we have some sizzling ideas to make your Summer date night in New Orleans HOT!
Take a Sightseeing Tour
New Orleans is known for its many historical sites. Summer is one of the best times to be a tourist. You can do everything from taking a Ghost Tour to a Garden District Tour. While we live in a city filled with amazing tours, you can always plan your own tour using sites like Free Tours by Foot.
Go on a Hike
Take a hike. We suggest Couturie Forest in New Orleans City Park or the Lafitte Barataria Preserve-New Orleans. Whichever you choose, be sure to bring a picnic lunch and take time to enjoy each other's company.
Cool Down by a New Orleans Pool
- NOPSI Hotel – Day passes start at $60
- Ace Hotel– $20 cover charge on weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm, no cover charge from 5 pm – 10 pm. Not open to the public on weekends.
- The Chloe – Daily from 11 am – 9 pm. $40 for a lounge chair or $80 for a table, includes a complimentary beverage.
- The Drifter Hotel-Admission is $15 per session, there is also a $299 annual membership you can purchase.
- The Country Club– Open daily from 10 am – 11 pm, admission is $20.
Grab a Cocktail on a Rooftop
There is nothing better than sipping your favorite cocktail while looking down at your favorite city. We found some pretty good rooftop bars that the Big Easy has to offer.
- Hot Tin- Pontchartrain Hotel
- Rooftop Terrace-Catahoula Hotel
- The Frenchman Hotel
- Alto-Ace Hotel
Road Trip It- For the Day
Do you need to get away but don’t really have the time? We found some great date road trip ideas that are just a short distance from the Crescent City.
- Abita Springs, LA- Abita Brewery Tour/Abita Mystery House
- Avery Island, LA-Tabasco Tour/Jungle Gardens
- Breaux Bridge, LA-Bayou Teche Experience
- Gulfport, MS-Ship Island/Beaches/Shopping
- St. Francisville, LA-Tunica Hills/Myrtles Plantation/Shopping
- Vacherie, LA-Oak Alley Plantation
Need some more ideas? Check out our post on 20 day trips you can take from New Orleans.
Have a picnic in New Orleans City Park
New Orleans City Park has so much to offer. You can literally make it a whole date day/night.
- Sculpture Gardens
- Grab some beignets at Cafe Du Monde
- City Putt
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Botanical Garden
Fest with the Best
As we all know NOLA is home of some of the best Festivals. Festivals are the perfect date ideas. Below are some you can catch this summer.
- Running of the Bulls– 7/10/2021 – party only this year, and space is limited
- Bastille Day– 7/14/2021
- White Linen Night– 8/7/2021
- Red Dress Run-8/14/2021
Need more date night ideas? We have a list of 50 Of the Best Date Nights In New Orleans, or you could have brunch at one of these amazing brunch spots in New Orleans. Whatever you do, make it fun, and you'll both love your New Orleans Summer Date!
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Rapid Urgent Care is located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. They open every day of the year, including holidays, and has a physician on-site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats ailments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. They also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. In addition, their on-site X-Ray facility can help determine if a broken bone or perhaps just a strained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.
Katie is a native New Orleanian and currently lives in Metairie with her two boys, Vince 11 and Dominic 9. She works full time as a Community Educator in the medical field. Katie spends most of her time at the baseball and football field cheering on her boys who are both very active. On free weekends, which come few and far between, you can find Katie working out, trying new restaurants and having cocktails with friends. She loves fashion, wine, and anything and everything NOLA.