Summer vacation is officially here!
It is time to keep the kids busy and active while making memories at the same time.
Sponsored by Academy of the Sacred Heart
- Pick Blueberries at Ride More Berry Farm in Covington.
- Take a tour of Abita Brewery (yes, kids are allowed) and have lunch at the Abita Brew Pub afterward.
- See how Tabasco is made with a tour of Avery Island.
- Check out the mysteries at Abita Mystery House.
- Stroll through Jackson Square and check out the local artist and performers.
- Tour and learn some history at the St. Louis Cathedral.
- Let imaginations run wild at the Louisiana Children's Museum.
- Ride the Lady Bug and other rides at the Amusement Park in City Park.
- Get a hole-in-one at City Putt in City Park.
- Take a streetcar down St. Charles, followed by lunch on the patio at Superior Grill.
- Rent the bikes or canoes at City Park and explore the park differently.
- Visit the French Market and check out the local artists and farmers.
- Pack a picnic and have lunch at the playground in City Park.
- Check out all the fish at the Aquarium.
- Bowl strikes at a local bowling alley – Rock N Bowl, Colonial Lanes, AMF Kenner, Westside Lanes, or Fulton Alley, to name a few.
- Have some water fun at Blue Bayou or Gulf Island Water Park.
- Take a kid-friendly walking tour of New Orleans.
- Play Disc Golf at Lafreniere Park.
- Watch a movie at the Imax at the Aquarium.
- Speed around at NOLA Motorsports.
- Explore the Sculpture Garden in City Park.
- Cool off at the Lafreniere Park Splash Pad.
- Create a scavenger hunt around the city and incorporate some history.
- Check out the art at NOMA in City Park, which is free on Wednesdays.
- Go for a boat ride in the Mississippi River on the Creole Queen.
- Create some wall art at The Shard Shop in Nola.
- Take a tour of Mardi Gras World while learning the history of Mardi Gras.
- See how it is to be in the LSU locker room with a tour of Tiger Stadium.
- Read and act out Nursery Rhymes at Storyland in City Park.
- ake in what nature has to offer on the nature walk in LaSalle Park.
- Get hands-on at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center in Gulfport or the Louisiana Discovery Center in Hammond.
- Monkey around at the Monkey Room.
- Learn about all the different plants and take a tour of Long Vue House and Gardens.
- Visit all the libraries in the city. Many have activities daily.
- Take a hike and explore the Audubon Louisiana Nature Center.
- Play some laser tag at Laser Tag and Games of Metairie, Adventure Quest, or Area 51.
- Visit all the animals at the Audubon Zoo.
- Take a tour of the swamps on a Swamp Tour.
- Learn some history at the WW2 Museum.
- Chose a different snoball stand every week and try a different flavor each time you go.
- Be a chef and make your own pizza at the Pizza Shoppe.
- Take a bike ride and see all the beautiful oak trees in Audubon Park.
- Watch all the boats in the Mississippi River at Woldenberg Park.
- Play some sports and check out the new playground while viewing the Mississippi River at The Fly.
- Learn some history at the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum.
- Cool down and relax in the lazy river at the Cool Zoo in the Audubon Zoo.
- Discover all the birds and other animals at the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge.
- Play some games and have some lunch at Dave and Buster's.
- Explore the famous NOLA landmark and visit the museum at The New Canal Lighthouse.
- Think outside of the box while trying to escape at one of the local Escape Rooms.
- Get creative at Posh Paint Pub.
- Learn about stars, planets, and much more at the Infinity Science Center on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Ride some horses at the Cascade Stables.
- Rent a paddleboard and explore Bayou St. John at Bayou Paddleboards.
- Celebrate the history of jazz at the New Orleans Jazz Museum.
- Participate in Mardi Gras by visiting the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture.
- Explore nature and play in the gardens at The Botanical Gardens in City Park.
- Play around on the indoor playground at Luv 2 Play Metairie.
- Get rid of some energy and play some sports at Big Easy Sportsplex.
- Jump high and do fun activities at Skyzone or Defy.
- Paint your own pottery at Chez Clay.
- Make some crafts and listen to storytime at the Children's Resource Center-New Orleans Public Library.
- Visit and tour the Whitney Plantation museum in Edgard, LA. Or one of the many plantations that line River Road, such as Destrehan Plantation , Laura and Oak Alley Plantation.
- Be a tourist and take a city tour on the double-decker bus at City Sightseeing New Orleans.
- Feel Brave by taking a Cemetery or Ghost Tours around the city. They have many to choose from.
- Play around and watch the streetcars go by at Palmer Park.
- Shop and let the kids play at The Riverwalk Play Area.
- Take a kayak and go on a tour at Canoe and Trail Adventures.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with some ice cream at Creole Creamery.
- Stroll around the French Quarter and check out all the famous architecture around the city.
- Eat beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
- Walk around the Garden District and explore all of the homes and gardens that are National Historic Landmarks.
- See a live jazz performance at Preservation Hall.
- Experience great views of the city on a Ferry Ride.
- Watch a movie at the Prytania Theatre.
- Go skating at Airline Skate Center.
- Get wet at the splash pad at Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville.
- Experience the culinary side of the city at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum.
- Explore all the exhibits at the Bayou Country Children's Museum in Thibodaux.
- Be a bookworm and visit Faulkner House Books right off of Jackson Square.
- Check out all the art at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art.
- Make a wish in the fountain while looking at all of the Mississippi River ships at Spanish Plaza.
- Window Shop and grab some lunch on Magazine Street.
- Watch the Sunset and all of the sailboats in Lake Pontchartrain at the Lakefront Park.
- Take a carriage ride through the French Quarter.
- Pretend to be an astronaut at the Kenner Planetarium and Space Science Complex.
- Take a boat ride to Ship Island in Biloxi.
- Visit the site of the Battle of New Orleans at the Chalmette Battlefield.
- Play at JAMNOLA
- Go to the Farmers Markets in Old Metairie, Gretna, and New Orleans.
- Make some art at Painting with a Twist. Check out the calendar to see when they offer kids walk-in classes.
- Watch a play at Rivertown Theatre.
- Catch some fish in Lake Pontchartrain.
- Go on a hike at Couturie Forest in City Park.
- Learn Louisiana history at the Rural Life Museum.
- Take a road trip to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels Practice.
- Spend the day at White Sands Day Lake Beach.
- Summer Road Trips are fun! Plan one to one of these 20 awesome locations.
- Go camping and make s' mores over a campfire at one of these great campgrounds in Southeast Louisiana.
- Have brunch with the family at a different New Orleans Brunch spot each week.
- Learn about animals, growing your own vegetables, and farming at Sugar Roots Farm and Grow Dat Farm.
- Spend some time helping others by volunteering this summer.
- Go on a zipline adventure at Gulfport Zip and Fun
Have a great summer! Tell us what's first on your New Orleans Summer Bucket List?
About the Academy of Scared Heart Summer Camp
ocated In Uptown New Orleans; Ph: 504.269.1230
Come Camp with the Krewe at Sacred Heart!
Your camper(s) will enjoy a wide variety of festive and fun summer activities and enrichment opportunities every day. Visual and performing arts, sports, water fun, music, cheer, competitive games, yoga, fitness and lots more … campers will have a ball.
All programs are directed by experienced, qualified, and dedicated faculty and staff. Lunch is included in the tuition, and after-care is available for all camps.
Camp Dates: June 14–July 30, 2021 Camp Ages: Girls & Boys ages 1–13
Camp Cost: $280-315 per week (depending camp choice) P