Lots of us consider our pets to be part of our family. It’s not surprising that we want to take them on vacation with us. Did you know you can take them to Walt Disney World with you? You can and here's everything you need to know about having your pets at Walt Disney World.
Dogs at Walt Disney World Hotels
In 2017, Walt Disney started a pilot program at select hotels. It went well so they extended the program. Dogs are allowed at the following four resorts: Art of Animation, Port of Orleans Riverside, The Yacht Club and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. There is an additional fee of $50 per night at AOA, POR and Cabins and a $75 fee at the Yacht Club.
Guest and dogs will have access to outdoor walkways and green spaces for pets to relieve theirselves. Upon arrival you will also get a Pluto welcome kit for your pets. The kit includes a mat, bowls for food and water, tag, courtesy disposable waste bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. There will also be a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” sign to hang on the door knob to alert the Mousekeeping Staff a pet is in the room. There are also some rules.
- ONLY DOGS. Sorry no cats, or other animals.
- You are responsible for your dog's care, behavior and waste.
- Dogs should remain quiet. If your dog is loud and barking, your resort will call you and you will have 30 minutes to address the issue.
- You can not leave your dogs alone for more than 7 hours at a time
- Mousekeeping is only available when you are present in your room. When you are out of the room, you must place the Pluto “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door.
- Dogs must always be on a leash in public areas.
- Dogs can not be on the furniture in public areas.
- Only licensed service animals can be in food areas, by the pool, public lounges, fitness center and other Guest areas.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed on Disney transportation with the exception of Magical Express and the new Minnie Van Service. Dogs traveling on these modes of Disney transportation must be in a crate for the duration of the ride.
- Only licensed service animals are allowed in Walt Disney World Parks and Disney Springs.
- Your dogs shots must be up to date. Bring a copy of their shot records with you, in case you are asked for proof.
Pet Friendly Loop at Fort Wilderness Campground
Camping at Walt Disney World in an RV or a trailer? You can bring your four-legged family member with you by requesting a Pet Friendly Loop. To do this you by adding the request “Room and Amenity Requests” section on your room reservation. The fee for the pet friendly loop is an additional $5 per night. Tents and pop-up campers are not allowed.
Best Friends Pet Care
Best Friends Pet Care is the perfect place for your pet to spend their vacation with 17,000 sq foot of air conditioned indoor space, a 10,000 sq foot covered outdoor runs and play area, and a 25,000 sq foot dog park. Doesn't it sound amazing for your fur baby?
Staffed with 45 high trained caregivers, Best Friends is open one hour before the parks open to one hour after the parks open. Activities include an ice cream break, walks, playgroups and even a bedtime story for dogs. For cats can enjoy toys, cookies and milk, playtime and more.
Pets can stay overnight in deluxe accommodations that include flat screen TVs, playgroups, walks, treats and more. They can also spend the day at the day care and enjoy a nice bath with their grooming services.
Best Friends isn't only for dogs and cats. They can accommodate smaller pets, including birds, reptiles and rodents but you have to bring your own enclosure.
You can learn more about Best Friends on the Walt Disney World Website or by calling (877) 4 WDW-PETS or (877) 493-9738.
Now that you know how pet-friendly Walt Disney World is, who's ready to take their four-legged, furry child to Disney World?
Are you ready to meet the Mouse and have the most magical vacation EVER! Email me firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form for a free quote. I can help you plan your trip to the most magical world at no extra cost to you!
Leave a Comment