It’s August!!! Can you believe summer is almost over (even though the weather doesn’t feel like it). Here’s to us for surviving the heat and the majority of the year. To the beginning of another school year, and the beginning of another retail holiday season that will start as soon as school supplies are off the shelves. Happy August my friends!
The number represents the date, and * denotes the event is FREE.
- Grab some fresh local goods at the Grand Opening of the Metry Market at Lafreniere Park.*
- See one of the few spectacular showings of Newsies Summer Lyric Theatre.
- Enjoy a family date night before summer ends at Audubon Zoo. You can splash around first in the Cool Zoo or just enjoy Dinner & a ZOOvie.
- Create your very own Bookworm Bookends during the Kids Workshop at Home Depot.*
- Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time at the Jefferson Performing Arts Center while watching our favorite nanny on stage, Mary Poppins(Jr.).
- Eat like royalty all month. Take part in the Annual COOLinary New Orleans.
- Find comfort in sisterhood while enjoying entertainment and history of how women shaped Islam at the Growing Hope in New Orleans tour.*
- Warp on over for some Teen Gaming with Nintendo Switch at the East New Orleans Regional Library.*
- Take the family out to a Baby Cakes baseball game.
- Attend the InstaJAM Youth Rally for grades 6-12 and college students at Hosanna Church.*
- Get in some last minute fn before school starts up full time when the Pontchartrain Center hosts the Great Play Date. Stay Tuned, because PINT-SIZED NOLA has tickets to GIVEAWAY for this awesome event!
- Take a Historical Musical Train Tour of City Park.
- Become a culture vulture during Museum Month.
- Get some fun fitness in with Baby Boot Camp in Clearview Mall.
- Play, snack and listen to a story with your youngest ones at Little Acorns in City Park.
- Play some old games, new games and discounted ones too. Have lots of fun at Barnes and Noble Game Night, bring the family too.*
- Get on your black and gold, then head over to the dome to watch the Saints beat the Cardinals in our first preseason home game.
- If you love the weird, the unusual and bizarre, then make a trip to the Alario center for the New Orleans Oddities & Curiosities Expo.
- Commemorate the work of art that is your family by working together to create a single masterpiece at Longue Vue House & Gardens’ Family Painting Workshop.
- Discover yet another piece of treasure from New Orleans history at Arnaud’s Mardi Gras Museum.*
- Tuesdays are 2 Cool at We Rock the Spectrum New Orleans when toddlers rule the activities.
- Laser beams and rock’n roll aren’t just a thing of the past. We’re keeping them alive with the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular at the Jefferson Performing Arts Center.
- Kids can come Read to Rover at the Algiers Regional Library.*
- Watch as Unusual Size Rodents take over the Zeitgeist Multi-Disciplinary Arts Theater.
- Ain’t no party like a Ogden Party! Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the Ogden Museum of Southern Art.*
- Get crafty at the Orleans Parish Main Library.*
- It’s Story Time, en Français, as well as a craft, at the Children’s Resource Center Library.
- Get your game on with Munchkin CCG Nights where you can learn, play or trade at Go 4 Games.*
- Crossroads’ Arts for All presents African inspired creations being displayed at the Algiers Regional Library.*
- Feel the beats and rock out with Umphrey’s McGee at the Joy Theater.
- Make your Friday Night Magic at +1 Gaming.
Enjoy your August!!!!
About the Great Play Date
Pint-Sized NOLA was given tickets to the Great Playdate in exchange for this promotion.
The Great Play Date includes bounce houses, giant slides, largest indoor maze in the Gulf south, facepainting, obstacle course, video games for the bigger kids and even a special play area for the little ones. The kids can also meet their favorite PRINCESSES and SUPERHEROES, plus Pierre the Pelican, a pirate and more! All the activities are included in your child’s $10 ticket (adults are free).
When: Saturday, August 11th, 2018 from 10am-4pm and Sunday, August 12th, 2018 from 11am-4pm
Where: Pontchartrain Center — 4545 Williams Blvd, Kenner LA 70065
FIVE LUCKY READERS will win a 4 pack of tickets to the Great Playdate. Just fill out the form below and we’ll pick winners on Monday!