I don’t know about you but between the monster sized mosquitoes and the heat, SUMMER is not the season for enjoying your porch. I can’t wait until mid-September, when the weather starts to get cooler (ok maybe more like mid-October) and it’s perfect for sitting on your porch, watching the kids play, sipping a cold drink. So we thought we would help you out, well maybe we were helping ourselves out a little bit too, and we found these New Orleans cocktail recipes that are perfect for sipping while rocking on your porch.
New Orleans Cocktail Recipes
- Pimm’s Cup, there is also a Strawberry Gin Fizz at Family Bites that looks good too.
- French 75, I love anything with champagne so this is on my must try list.
- Cajun Bloody Mary
- Mint Julep
- Sweet and minty Grasshopper
- Ramos Gin Fizz
- Mimosas – yum! Try cranberry juice instead of orange juice sometime!
- The Absinthe Frappe
- Brandy Milk Punch
- Southern Comfort
- Creole Bloody Mary
- The Vieux Carre from the Hotel Monteleone
- Hurricane, my personal favorite.
- Stormy Morning
- Moscow Mule, there are so many variations, I couldn’t pick just one.
- Same with Spiked Ice Tea, too many to choose from.
- Speaking of spiked Ice Tea, how about a Sweet Tea Mint Julep
- Southern Porch Sipper made with peach vodka
- Strawberry Cooler from our friends at Northshore Parent
- If you’re looking for something hot try the Cafe Brulot Diabolique
What’s your favorite cocktail for sipping while relaxing on the porch?