It’s FALL Y’ALL! Well I mean almost! The Fall Decorations and Pumpkin Décor are already in many stores and the weather is slowly starting to cool down! Which means we can GO OUTDOORS again in New Orleans! We put together this list of FREE fall events in New Orleans for your whole family to enjoy.
FREE OUTDOOR CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS
Lafreniere Live Fall Concert Series: FREE concerts start at 6:30 pm, concessions will be available for purchase
- Thurs. October 5th – Fall Concert
- Thurs. October 12th – Fall Concert
- Thurs. October 19th – Fall Concert
- Thurs. October 26th – Fall Concert
Jazz At the Park – Every Thursday from 4-8 pm. Starting September 14 through November 2 at Louis Armstrong Park in New Orleans, FREE Jazz concerts including bands, food vendors and more! Admission is FREE and open to the public
- Sept. 14 — Erica Falls, Darcy Malone and the Tangle
- Sept. 21 — John Boutte and Kevin Stylez
- Sept. 28 — Partners-N-Crime & The Big Easy Band, and Lil Glenn & Backatown
- Oct. 5 — Mike Soulman Baptiste and Michael Ward
- Oct. 12 — Dwayne Dopsie & the Zydeco HellRaisers and Tonya Boyd Cannon
- Oct. 19 — Corey Henry and the Treme Funktet, and New Breed Brass Band
- Oct. 26 — Rebirth Brass Band and Escalade
- Nov. 2 — Johnny Sketch & the Dirty Notes, and Wild Magnolias
Wednesdays on the Point – Every Wednesday from 5:30 – 8:30 pm at the Algiers Ferry Landing. DJ Ric Ducci, food trucks, art vendors and free concerts.
- Sept. 13 — Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band
- Sept. 20 — Walter “Wolfman” Washington and the Roadmasters
- Sept. 27 — Bag of Donuts
- Oct. 4 — Jonathan Boogie Long
- Oct 11 — Johnny Sansone
- Oct 18 — Amanda Shaw and Darcy Malone and the Tangle
Other FREE Fall Events In New Orleans
- Home Depot FREE Kids Do-It-Yourself Workshops on select Saturdays every month! You must register in advance online | Home Depot
- New Orleans Museum of Art – FREE Admission for Louisiana Residents on Wednesdays, FREE Everyday for Children under age 6 and Teens (age 13-19) with the NOMA Teen Pass | More Info
- Contemporary Arts Center – FREE Admission for Louisiana Residents on Sundays, FREE everyday for Children/High School Students
- Historic New Orleans Collection – FREE admission every day
FREE Museum Day hosted by Smithsonian Magazine and allows TWO free admission passes to select Museums – LOCAL NOLA Museums include: Audubon Insectarium, Longue Vue House and Gardens, New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum, New Orleans Museum of Art, Ogden Southern Museum of Art, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, Historic New Orleans Collection, National WWII Museum | Request Passes Online
FRIED CHICKEN FEST – Love that Chicken from…NOLA! Now a TWO day festival to be held at Woldenberg Park. This Festival offers FREE admission for the whole family and along with Activities, Music, and of course CHICKEN you are sure to have a good time and leave FULL too! | More info
HOT DIGGITY DOG FEST – Not only a festival for the family, but the four legged family members are allowed to attend this FREE event at Kenner’s Laketown too! Live Music, Weenie Dog races, Dog Costume Contests and more!
GENTILLY FEST – FREE Music festival, including a Kids Village with a Kids stage, Pony Rides and more for the kiddos too! | More Info
BEIGNET FEST – Ok so we LOVE to take hot dough, sprinkle some powdered sugar on it (and all over us!) and now we can make a PARTY out of it! FREE admission for the entire family at New Orleans City Park and a chance to try Beignets of all types and shapes! A Kid Village will be on site for the kiddos too! | More info
National Night Out Against Crime KickOff Party – Although many local areas/neighborhoods will also have Night Out Against Crime events, the Kickoff Party is at Lafreniere Park and will be FREE and the public is always welcome!
Check your local city/neighborhood for Night Out Against Crime events to be held throughout the city on this night. Many offer FREE food, drinks, giveaways, and kid activities – all events are open to the public! A few we have found so far:
- Harahan – held at St Rita School from 6-8 pm
Mac N Cheese Fest – Not to be left out, NOLA now has a festival to celebrate everything MAC N CHEESE! Located at Louis Armstrong Park, admission is FREE for all (you must purchase tickets to try all the amazing mac n cheese options though) | More Info
Pet Fest – Jefferson SPCA hosts the Pet Fest at Lafreniere Park where you can bring your pet along for the day – bonus points for puppy costumes – Admission is FREE for all! If you have not adopted a pet yet, over 400 four legged friends will be onsite waiting for you to adopt them at the festival! | More Info
Not to be outdone, New Orleans is known for lots of festivals, craft fairs, and family-friendly fairs through the fall months, so go out and enjoy the cooler weather, listen to a band or two, and let the kiddos enjoy the rides (although not all these offer FREE food or ride bands, many offer FREE or minimal cost for admission too) Click the image to find our listing of Fall Fairs and Festivals around town!
FREE HALLOWEEN EVENTS IN NEW ORLEANS
This list will be updated as more Trunk or Treat/Fall Festival events are confirmed, but here are the FREE ones that we know about so far!
- October 21 – Krewe of Boo Halloween Parade. Parading through NOLA French Quarter. Throws include locally made pralines, coffee, and other fun ghoulish surprises too! | More Info (if you dare!)
- October 22 – Riverside Baptist Church Fall Fest (1-8 pm in River Ridge)
- October 28 – Trunk or Treat and a Movie at Muss Bertolino Park in Kenner | More Info
- Date TBD – Boo Carre at French Market
These INDOOR Trick or Treating Events at the Local Malls are usually on Halloween night – more info coming soon!
- Clearview Mall
- Esplanade Mall
- Lakeside Mall
PIN THIS POST