Last Sunday I was invited to attended the Carnival Sunshine’s naming ceremony and over night media event. I fell in love with the Sunshine, she is a beautiful ship and after spending the night on her, I want to go on a cruise NOW! Sadly we won’t be able to go until Mardi Gras 2015 and the Sunshine will be moving to Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL in the spring so we won’t get a chance to cruise on her, but her are 5 reasons (in no particular order) why you should!
Disclaimer: I was invited to attend this media event and given a free night, food, and drinks on the Carnival Sunshine. All opinions are 100% my own.
1. Cloud 9 Spa – we got a chance to tour Cloud 9 Spa and I could live there forever. Walking through was so relaxful, you could just feel your body relaxing. In the spa’s VIP area there are these warm stone beds, that are perfect for your back. OH MY! I could have stayed there all day long looking out of the floor to ceiling windows as the world passed by!
2. Camp Carnival – having children, Camp Carnival was one of the first places I checked out. I wanted to see it for myself and speak to one of the counselors. From the moment you walk in the place screams play and fun! There are toys of all shapes and sizes, video games, board games, movies etc to keep the kid busy. I fell in love with the outdoor play area. After talking to them, I knew I could trust them with my children.
3. FOOD – the food on the Carnival Sunshine did not disappoint. First I had a rice noodle bowl at Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, I got to put what I wanted in my bowl and it was delicious and filling. Then I had go try Guys Burgers, I have to say I’m not a fan and am probably the only person who isn’t a fan of these burgers. But the fries at Guys Burgers, YUM! For dinner we ate in the Sunrise Dining Room. I alerted the hostess that I was gluten free, she alerted my server, and a manager. The manager came over and went through the menu with me and took my order. I had a lot of choices and chose the ribs with cole slaw, grilled corn on the cob and fries. My mom chose the seared red fish. Both dishes were delicious.
4. Serenity Deck – The Carnival Sunshine has 3 decks for adults to relax without the kids. They were very peaceful and relaxing. A great place to grab a drink, sit and relax while the kids are playing at Camp Carnival.
5. Waterwork and Sport Square – On the top of the ship there are two areas for family fun! Waterworks is a mini waterpark where kids can splash and speed down water slides. I would never be able to get my kids away from Waterworks. Sports Square features a Sky Course, basketball court, outside games such as chess, Twister, ping pong, and mini golf. This area of the ship screams FUN FUN FUN!
What part of cruising is your favorite?
PIN THIS POST
Love this post, then you should read…