Christmas in New Orleans is one of the most magical times of the year. The weather is usually awesome, the city is decorated in festive lights, and there are events to make your smile and make family memories everywhere you turn. Our Christmas In New Orleans Guide is here to help you find all the family-friendly fun happening in New Orleans during this magical season.
Christmas In New Orleans Sponsors
A New Orleans annual holiday tradition, The Nutcracker Tea will delight and engage your family this holiday season. Her Royal Highness, the Sugar Plum Fairy, has made sure to take all COVID precautions for our event this year and has decided to bring the celebration to the comfort of your home.
We invite you to join us for a 2- event weekend full of Nutcracker Fun!! On Saturday, December 19th at 4:30 pm, celebrate the holiday season with our first-ever Meet & Greet at our dance studios in Metairie. Guests will receive an invitation via email to stop by and meet the cast, shop our Nutcracker Boutique, and visit with surprise guests. The invitation will include specific instructions as we want to make sure to stay safe and socially distant. . On Sunday, December 20th,│12:30-2:30 pm, our 2-hour virtual tea celebration will take place over a password-protected virtual platform.
By purchasing virtual tickets and baskets, you are also be supporting other local businesses in the Greater New Orleans Area. The businesses below have graciously donated products/ swag for our Land of the Sweets Basket, our Sugar Plum Raffle Baskets, or our sponsors of this event: Baked Custom Cakes & Confectionery, The Studio School of Dance, EmbellishNOLA, Dara Wellness, Chronos Body Health Wellness, New Orleans Sign Language Services, LLC., Hannah Bahney Photography Krav Maga New Orleans LLC you for supporting NOLA DANCE PROJECT and all the small business in our area!
Don’t live in the New Orleans Area but want to join in the holiday fun? Not to worry… We are excited to welcome out-of-town guests for the first time. We are now able to ship our Land of the Sweets Basket anywhere in the U.S. We ask that you please purchase your tickets by Friday, December 13th, so that we have time to ship before our event. Please select the postage option at checkout for deliveries outside the NOLA area.
With the purchase of your tickets, your family will receive a link and password to our private live event as well as baskets with all the goodies they will need to join in the festivities. Your Land of the Sweets Basket will include Cup and Saucer, a variety of Nutcracker Themed Teas, Crafts for kids and the young at heart, Nutcracker place setting décor, Gifts from members of the Sugar Plum’s Court (we want to keep some things a secret). Single Tickets will receive: Virtual tea party link, Invitation to the Meet and Greet; Land of the Sweets basket as well as optional add-ons from our NEW add-on menu.
Ticket Bundles will receive: Land of the Sweets basket for each ticket in the bundle; Invitation for each ticket in the bundle to the Meet and Greet; 1 virtual tea party link per bundle (Tea for 6 or Tea for 8 can request 1 additional link via email); as well as optional add-ons from our NEW add-on menu.
**Please make sure to purchase your ticket w/the email address you wish to use for Zoom Link.**
- Child (Ages 2-17 years): $50.00 + taxes & $1.80 fee
- Adult (Ages 18 & Up): $50.00 + taxes & $1.80 fee
- Tea for 2: $90.00+taxes & $3.00 fee (Save $10)
- Tea for 4: $180.00+taxes & $5.68 fee (Save $20)
- Tea for 6: $270.00 +taxes &$8.37 fee (Save $30)
- Tea for 8: $320.00 +taxes &$ 9.87fee (Save $40)
- Champagne Bottle Upgrade– $12.00 +2.00 fee Who doesn’t love a champagne cocktail at tea? We are thrilled to offer this upgrade to those who wish to have some bubbly during our virtual event.
- Cookie Decorating Kits– $20.00 +2.00 fee Add this fun edible activity to your tea party experience. Each cookie kit is made to order. The deadline on this is option is December 15th to make sure they are ready for pickup at the Meet & Greet. This option is not available for baskets being shipped.
- Postage option for delivers outside the NOLA Area: $15.05 +2.00 fee Do you have family or friends that you think would enjoy our event? We can now ship our basket to them for you so that even from afar, they can join in the fun. The deadline for this is option is December 13th to make sure the shipment arrives on time.
- Virtual Encore Performance of The Nutcracker Suite – $15.00 +2.00 fee* Do you have family members that can’t join us for this one-of-a-kind virtual experience but want to see the performance? This add-on is for you. We are happy to send them directly a link to the performance only (about 45 min). The link will go live on Monday, December 21st, and will be available for viewing until December 31st. **To qualify for this add-on, you must purchase at least 1 single ticket. **